Building Permits & Inspections
The City of Moore is one of the fastest growing communities in the OKC metro area and welcomes quality commercial and residential development. The Inspections staff is committed to providing friendly and efficient service, offering same-day inspections if called in by 9:00am. We have also provided all permit applications on-line, so you can fill them out at your convenience. For new commercial development we have created a Commercial Development Guidebook for your convenience, to aid you in your new development. If you have any questions please contact the Community Development Department!
Building permits are required for most commercial and residential improvements, as well as all new construction. If you don’t know if you need a permit, please call the Inspections Department at (405) 793-5051 for assistance. A list of fees is available from the Inspections Department as well. See below for our list of downloadable application forms.
The City of Moore has adopted the following building codes as the codes for construction within the City limits:
- 2015 International Residential Code
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Plumbing Code
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2014 National Electric Code
- 2015 International Fire Code
- 2015 NFPA Life Safety Code
All of the above codes are adopted as amended by the City of Moore and the Oklahoma Uniform Building Code Commission. Please refer to the Code of Ordinances for a complete list of all local amendments, or contact the Inspections Division.
As the City of Moore begins the 2019-2020 fiscal year, the fee schedule has been updated for water meters, sewage disposal, building, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and fire construction permits. The fee increases are designed to keep pace with actual costs incurred in providing inspections and utility service.
These fee changes will to go into effect on August 1, 2019. All applications submitted and approved prior to the effective date will qualify for the old fees. The changes to the fee schedule are listed below. For any questions or concerns, please contact the Inspections Division at 405-793-5051 or [email protected].
An Occupancy Permit is required for any business (institutional, educational, retail, service, industrial, and storage) moving into any building or portion of building if any of the following conditions apply:
- The building or portion of building to be occupied is previously vacant
- The building or portion of building to be occupied has not yet received an occupancy permit
- In any case where a building permit was required to construct, finish, alter, expand or split a building or portion of a building
- Whenever a change of use or occupancy type occurs
An occupancy permit will be issued only after the city planner, building official, and fire marshal have conducted satisfactory inspections. For questions concerning occupancy permits, call 405-793-5051.