The City Clerk is an officer of the City appointed by the City Manager and serves as clerk for the Council. The Clerk certifies and attest by signature and affixing the City seal to all official City Documents to include ordinances, resolutions and contracts.

The City Clerk’s office is the custodian of all municipal records, which include; agendas and minutes of the proceedings of the council, all ordinances and resolutions passed by the council.

The City Clerk’s office administers all regular and special municipal elections in coordination with the County Election Board in compliance with Oklahoma election law and Municipal Charter.

Services of process on the City, money judgement against the city, tort claims and other legal documents are served through the City Clerk’s office.

The City Clerk’s office issues and maintains City licenses and permits as authorized and defined by the City Code and accepts and processes Request for Records in compliance with Oklahoma Open Records Act.

The City Clerk’s office maintains the two Moore Cemeteries; Smith Cemetery and Moore Cemetery. Scheduling of services and marking of graves are scheduled through the City Clerk’s office. The sale of lots, issuance of deeds and monument sets are also processed through the City Clerk’s office. All historical data regarding the cemeteries are maintained in the City Clerk’s office.

The Office of the City Clerk is located at Moore City Hall, 301 N. Broadway, Moore, OK 73160 and be contacted by phone at 405-793-5020.

Code and Ordinances

An ordinance is a law passed by a municipal government. Ordinances constitute the subject matter of municipal law. The power of municipal governments to enact ordinances is derived from the state constitution or statutes or through the legislative grant of a municipal charter. Ordinances deal with maintaining public safety, health morals, general welfare, public streets and sidewalks, and zoning.

Click here to view the City of Moore Land Development Code

Click here to view the City of Moore Municipal Code

Open Records Act

Title 51 O.S. Sections 24A.1 – 24A.30

All records of public bodies and public officials are open to any person for inspection, copying, or mechanical reproduction during regular business hours. The Open Records Act does not apply to records specifically required by law to be kept confidential. The public bodies will provide prompt, reasonable access to its records but may establish reasonable procedures to protect the integrity of its records and to prevent excessive disruption to its essential functions.


1. Page .10
2. Copy certified by Clerk/Police 1.00
3. Computer Page 1.00
4. Mechanical Reproduction .actual cost
5. Copying of assembled document such as books, council agendas, reports, budgets, audits, etc. (Excluding City Code)
a. 1 – 50 pages in length .09 p/page
b. 50 – 100 pages in length .08 p/page
c. 100 – 200 pages in length .07 p/page
d. 200 – 300 pages in length .06 p/page
e. In excess of 300 pages .05 p/page
6. GIS System Products and Associated Fees (note: All prices double for glossy paper)
a. Zoning Map (8 ½ X 11) 5.00 (30 X 40) 10.00
b. Zoning Radius Map (8 ½ X 11) 5.00
c. Planimetric Map (8 ½ X 11) 5.00 (30 X 40) 10.00
d. City Street Map (30 X 40) 10.00
e. Aerial Photos (8 ½ X 11) 5.00 (30 X 40) 10.00 Aerial Photo with Planimetric Overlay (8 ½ X 11) 5.00 (30 X 40) 15.00
f. Digital Aerial Photos (per Section) 25.00 Digital 2’ Contours 150.00 per quadrant 500.00 entire City
g. Custom Maps (1 hour min.) 25.00 per hour
h. Search Fee for commercial purposes .actual cost
i. Prepayment required when estimated to cost more than $20.00
j. Cost of Moore City Code 100.00 Supplement 25.00


The City of Moore operates two cemeteries:

  • Smith Cemetery located at 34th and Telephone Rd.
  • Moore Cemetery located on 4th Street west of Telephone Rd.

The cemeteries are both over 100 years old, some of the grave sites dating back to the 1800’s with a few birth dates dating back to the 1700’s.

The City Clerk’s office sells the lots, issues deeds, and works with various funeral homes and monument companies regarding pending funerals and monument sets. The City Clerk’s office also issues work orders and maintains all records relating to both cemeteries.

The Smith Cemetery is a two-acre cemetery and currently has no lots available. Future growth is not anticipated. In recent years there has been many improvements to the look of the cemetery. A new fence has been installed, a paved road through the cemetery has been added, and new landscaping was planted.

In 1997 the City of Moore purchased additional land for the development of the Moore Cemetery. The City has made numerous improvements to the cemetery. A gazebo was added, new sidewalks were completed, lighting has been added in certain areas, a new road and landscaping was installed adding covered seating to the older area of the property as well as additional landscaping, park benches, and statues.

Cemetery Regulations

  • The City of Moore is not liable for any decorations placed in the cemetery. The only permitted decorations are flowers in vases, attached to the monument, or flower arrangements in saddles attached to the top of the monument, American flags will be permitted the week of Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Veterans Day.
  • All flowers will be removed the first week of February and the first week of August.
  • A permit is required for setting up any monument or staking any grave for a burial.
  • Those that interfere with funerals, vandalize the cemetery, deface grave sites, etc. will be guilty of a misdemeanor (crimes & punishments) (Chapter 3, Section 11-301 through Section 11-312)) and prosecuted accordingly.
    No deed for any lot shall be issued, no grave marked, and no monument or marker shall be set, located, or placed until the fee or charge has been paid in full. Sec. 11-307

  • Effective:  Wednesday, September 14th, 2022 
    Ordinance No. 1005.22:  An Ordinance amending Part 11, Chapter 3, Section 11-310, Amending Section for Removal of Flowers and other Decorative Items; Providing for severability; and Providing for Repealer. 
  • Sec 11-310 Removal of Flowers and Decorative Items 
    1.  It is unlawful for any person to remove flowers from a vase attached to the monument other than by the persons placing such flowers or by a designated city employee.  The city will remove all flowers during the first week of February and August.  

    2.  Flowers can remain in vases attached to the monument.  Saddles with flowers, attached to the top of the monument, are allowed.  Items such as glass jars, cans, or other containers used on the premises for the holding of floral bouquets are prohibited.
    Items on the ground or around the monument base and other prohibited items, such as rocks, metal rods, wire stakes, fencing, ornaments, or other items that may cause maintenance problems will be removed during the first full week of every month.    

    A full sweep of the cemetery is done the first week of FEBRUARY and the first week of AUGUSTALL FLOWERS will be removed. Be sure to collect prior to the sweep if you choose.

Cemetery Fees

  • Standard Cemetery Lot $1,200
  • Double Internment Lot (2 Cremations or 1 casket and 1 cremation urn) $1,800
  • Grave Staking Fee $125
  • Permit for setting monuments and markers $50
  • Permit for burial – no fee

To view, the map of the plots for Moore/Smith cemetery click here


Alcoholic Beverage License

  • Beer On-Premise $20 annually Beer Off Premise $10 annually
  • Mixed Beverage – New License $1000 Renewal annually $900
  • Package Store $600 annually
  • Beer and Wine $500 annually
  • Distiller/Brewery $950 annually

Food License

  • Any Food Business which is required to be licensed through the Department of Health $50 permit fee
  • Mobile Food Vendor- $20 for 1 Day / $30 for 30 Days / $125 for 180 Days / $20 Central Park Vendor Space / $125 Celebration in the Heartland Food Vendor Space
  • Seasonal/Temporary Food – $5 for 14 days / $20 May 1st through December 31st


  • Massage Business $100 annually
  • Massage Therapist $25 annually
  • Massage Off-site $75 annually

Other Licenses

  • Auction Permit – $25
  • Building or House Moving – $50 permit fee and $500 bond
  • Coin Operated Amusement Devices – $15 each device (annually)
  • Commercial Medical Marijuana Business License (annually): Dispensary – $600; Grow – $900; Testing Lab – $900; Research – $500; Education – $500
  • Fireworks Display Permit – $85
  • Oil and Gas Mineral Production – Drilling permit for original well $5,000 / Drilling Permit Application Fee $5,000 / Permit to drill or re-enter a well or enhanced recovery or substance disposal $5,000 / Annual inspection fee $450
  • Parade Assembly Permit – No Fee
  • Pawn Broker – $50 (annually), $500 bond
  • Precious Metal Dealer – $25 a day or $100 (annually)
  • Recreation and Amusement Center – $100 (annually)
  • Solicitor (applicant must apply in person through the City Clerk’s office) $40 per vendor for 6 Months or $75 per vendor for a year / $500 bond or License and Permit Bond
  • Charitable Solicitor Permit – No Fee
  • Tattoo/Body Piercing Business – $100 (annually)
  • Tattoo/Body Piercing Artist – $25 (annually)
  • Taxicab Service – $15 per taxicab (annually)
  • Wrecker Service – $100 (annually)