Our Emergency Management Department works to mitigate, plan and prepare for, respond to, and recover from the various emergencies and disasters that affect our City. We utilize an all-hazards approach, focusing on the various emergency functions that need performed in time of trouble. Our work includes:
- Identification and analysis of the hazards in our City
- Work to eliminate the hazards or lessen their effects
- Development of Emergency Operations Plans that guide our overall citywide response to emergencies that occur
- Identification of assets and resources that can be used in the mitigation, response, and recovery efforts
- Rapid response to the disaster needs of our community, in an attempt to quickly return our lives to normal
Emergency Operation Plan
This Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) is a guide to how the City of Moore conducts all-hazards emergency response. It describes specific authorities and best practices for managing incidents that range from the serious but purely local, to large-scale terrorist attacks, or catastrophic natural disasters.
Learn More About Emergency Management
Get an inside look at the Emergency Operations Center!