Road Construction Update
- A road construction project on 19th Street from approximately Crystal Drive to Tower Drive and Broadway Ave. will begin on June 1, 2021, (evening hours only) 8 p.m.–6 a.m. The project is expected to finish June 5, 2021, at 6 a.m. weather permitting. Traffic will be maintained throughout the project with one lane in each direction.
- Reconstruction of Eastern between SE 19th and Broadway is expected to begin around May 20. This project will be similar in nature to the current project on Eastern south of SW 34th St. (see video below)
- Golden Acres Road Repair Project will begin in April with drainage work and driveway approach work. Road construction will begin around May 10 and continue for 4-5 months. UPDATE: Beginning June 15, crews will begin removing the roadway in preparation for the majority of the repair work. Residents on Larkspur, NW 32nd, and Webster (between NW 32nd and NW 35th) are reminded to keep vehicles off the street during this 4-6 week period (weather permitting). View map here.
- NE 19th is closed at the creek between Bellaire and Fox Avenue for replacement of the storm piping and associated reconstruction.
- Reconstruction began this morning on Santa Fe south from SW 34th St. This is a joint project of Moore, Oklahoma City, and Norman, with the work being done by Cleveland County crews.
- Paving is complete on Eastern Avenue south of SW 34th; additional backfill, shoulder, striping, and other associated work remain.
- Reconstruction work is planned for Bryant Avenue between SE 16th and SE 19th St. (area of Heritage Trails Elementary School); this project will begin tomorrow (6/8/2021), One lane will be open at a time for local traffic only, with the work being done by Cleveland County crews.
- Reconstruction work is also planned for Eastern Avenue between SE 19th & Broadway; this will likely be after the Bryant project, with the work being done by Cleveland County crews.
4th Street Underpass Project
$27.9 million in General Obligations bonds were approved in June of 2018 for the 4th Street Underpass project. There are multiple phases to this project and there is no deadline for the project completion. The engineering and property acquisitions have begun and are ongoing. The City is currently in the property acquisition phase which originally started over a year ago with appraising the properties impacted by the project. It’s likely this process could take another year and construction would then begin around summer of 2022. Once construction does begin, it’s anticipated the project will take around 2 years to complete.
It’s important to remember that we are only issuing the bonds as they are needed. To date, $5.7 million of the total $27.9 million has been issued for engineering costs, property acquisition and reconstruction of Turner Ave. The City has approved an agreement (Resolution No. 988(21)) with ODOT and BNSF where ODOT will provide up to $10M in funding for this project. This agreement makes it much less likely that we will issue the full amount of $27.9 million for this project. However, how much less we cannot say at this time. All unissued bonds would therefore not show up on the property tax rolls.