Central Oklahoma Community Action Agency
This agency serves Cleveland County, Lincoln County, Logan County, Payne County, Pottawatomie County and Seminole County. Programs include:
- Asset Development - Tax Return Preparation Assistance;
- Early Childhood - Car Seats;
- Emergency Services - Prescription Assistance, Clothing, Food, Rent/Mortgage Payment Assistance, Utility Payment Assistance, Fans/Blankets;
- Housing - Weatherization;
- Nutrition - Child Care Food Program, Meals Delivered to Residences;
- Senior Citizens - RSVP; and
- Transit - Road to Work, SoonerRide.
Utility Rental and Mortgage Assistance Program
In Response to Covid-19
Please contact Central Oklahoma Community Action Agency to apply for the Utility, Rental, and Mortgage Assistance Program.
- Contact Lynzi Wheeler at 405-434-6100 to discuss applying for assistance
- Contact at least 10 days before cut off date for utilities
- The Intake Form is available below for your convenience. However, it must be filled out and sent to Lynzi Wheeler either in person or through email: [email protected]. Please pay extra attention to other documentation mentioned in the intake form that needs to be turned in to consider your application complete. Other documentation may be requested after turning your application in to receive assistance.
On March 13, 2020, President Donald J. Trump signed a proclamation declaring the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a national emergency beginning on March 1, 2020. The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), Public Law 116-136, was signed by President Trump on March 27, 2020, authorizing the allocation of funds to respond to the growing effects of this historic public health crisis. On April 2, 2020, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) allocated Community Development Block Grant COVID-19 (CDBG-CV) funds in the amount of $200,472 to the City of Moore in order to assist in the prevention, preparation for, and response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The City of Moore allocated the Central Oklahoma Community Action Agency CDBG-CV funding through the CARES Act on May 4th, 2020.
Utility Assistance Program in Moore
Please contact Central Oklahoma Community Action Agency to speak about the Utility Assistance Program for Moore Residents.
- Central Oklahoma Community Action Agency cannot pay for deposits
- Contact at least 10 days before cut off date