The Recycle Moore Center is open 24 hours every day. To receive assistance unloading your drop off items in the drive-thru center, visit us during our drive-thru hours of Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
WE ACCEPT THESE ITEMS:
- Plastics 1-7 (number inside triangle on bottom of bottle)
- Mixed Paper (magazines, newspapers, etc.)
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Old Cell Phone Batteries
- Rechargeable Batteries (except car batteries)
WE DO NOT ACCEPT THESE ITEMS:
- Glass (can take to TARGET on S.W. corner of 19th St. & Telephone Rd.)
- Plastic Bags
- Light Bulbs (can take to Lowes)
- Oil (can take to KWIK KAR LUBE 1817 S. Telephone Rd. there cannot be any water in it; oil only.)
- Regular Batteries (can be taken to Batteries Plus)
Recycle Moore Center now accepts Rechargeable Batteries
The Recycle Moore Center now accepts the following battery types for recycling during manned drop off hours.
Rechargeable Batteries (weighing less than 11 lbs/ 5 kg each):
- Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd )
- Nickel Metal Hydride (Ni-MH)
- Lithium Ion (Li-Ion)
- Nickel Zinc (Ni-Zn)
- Small Sealed Lead (SSLA/Pb)
We do not accept wet-cell batteries.
To encourage proper disposal of hazardous household waste, the City of Moore has contracted with Oklahoma City to use their state-of-the-art facility.
- Under 7.5 gallons: 1 free monthly pass per household; more than once per month: $39.50
- Between 7.5 – 15 gallons: $79
- Between 15 – 22.5 gallons: $118.50
- Over 22.5 gallons: $158.00
Free service may be reduced based on the level of demand. Please call Moore City Hall to confirm pricing, 793-5000.
Address: 1621 S. Portland, Oklahoma City
Hours of Operation: Tues. to Fri., 9:30 a.m.–6:00 p.m.; Sat., 8:30–11:30 a.m.
Phone Number: 405-682-7038