Frequently Asked Questions of the Police

Please call to report any of the following: a medical emergency; a fire; a crime; any activity that is harmful to a person, animal or property; or any suspicious activity that might result in harm to any person, animal or property.  You can also Text-to-911 service in emergency circumstances where a voice call is not possible or safe.

Please decline from calling to report any of the following: power outages or water leaks; downed tree limbs not presenting an immediate threat to life or property; loud noises or other nuisances (especially during peak times, such as holidays); to pay a ticket; to get a ride; to receive driving directions; or as a prank.  Our non-emergency number 405-793-5171 can assist with directing you to the proper company.

To provide an anonymous tip, please submit a web tip to Crimestoppers of Moore here 

We simply ask for your cooperation, candor and courtesy in bringing resolution to the contact.  Please realize that our Officers are trained to approach situations in a particular manner to ensure the public's safety as well as their own.  Truthfulness is essential.  Knowingly providing false information to Law Enforcement personnel may lead to prosecution and may prolong the contact.  While a person who believes that providing information may incriminate them can refuse to provide information under the protection of the 5th  Amendment, witnesses to crimes are not offered this protection

If you are issued a citation, an Officer believes that you have committed a violation or misdemeanor offense. The issuance of the citation does not mean, in fact, that you are guilty of the offense. When the citation is issued, you will be asked to sign the citation. Your signature is not an admission of guilt. It is merely a promise to appear in court on the court date the Officer provides to you. The court date provided is merely an appearance date. The purpose of the appearance date is to provide the citizen an opportunity to pay the fine or set the case for court. Trials are not conducted on this date. 

If you choose, you may pay the fine prior to the court date and are generally not required to attend court once the fine is paid; however, in some misdemeanor cases your attendance is required in court whether you pay the fine or not. You may contact the Municipal Court Clerk at 405-793-5040, to determine if your appearance is compulsory. If you choose not to pay the fine prior to the court date, you must appear in court on the court date. You will have the opportunity to appear before a judge and plead guilty or not guilty to the charge. If you plead not guilty, a trial date will be set. You will have the opportunity to retain a lawyer or you may choose to represent yourself in the case.

If you have any questions regarding court procedures or if special needs arise, you should contact the Court Clerks Office. 

MPD utilizes several tow companies within the city limits that are on a rotational call schedule.  When a car is towed, the owner is liable to pay the towing company fees.  Disputes regarding fees and property within vehicles are civil matters between the towing firm and the owner. In the event you do not know the name of the company towing your vehicle you may contact the Moore Police Department Records Division at 405-793-5134, to obtain this information.

In some cases, it is possible to keep driving offenses off one's driving record through received probation from the Judge. There is a fine and court costs for probation cases. For more information concerning this process contact the Court Clerks Office in person or at 405-793-5040.

For answers to these questions, please contact the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety Driver Compliance at 405-425-2424, Monday – Friday between the hours of 8am – 4:30pm or submit an online request inquiry here 

You may pay your fines for citations issued by the Moore Police Department or Code Enforcement at the Public Safety Center Court Clerk window Monday – Friday (excluding holidays) between the hours of 8am – 5pm.  The Public Safety center is located at 117 E. Main Street, Moore-OK  73160.  The telephone number is 405-793-5040.  Payments may be made with cash, check, money order, or any credit/debit card.  Payment by mail is accepted as long as you ensure that your name, date of birth, and driver license number are placed on your payment for the clerk to credit the proper account.  If you pay by mail and would like a receipt returned to you evidencing the payment, you must enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope for the return receipt.  Online payments can be made at

In this event, a warrant would be issued for your arrest with additional charges filed for Failure to Appear.  If found guilty of Failure to Appear, additional fines and fees would be imposed by the Court.

If you are unable to pay your fine in full, you will need to appear at Court on the court date provided to you on your citation.  When appearing before the judge, you may plead guilty and establish a payment plan as agreed to by the court.

If you fail to make the Court ordered payments, a warrant would be issued for your arrest with additional charges for Failure to Pay Fines.  If found guilty of Failure to Comply with the judge's order, additional fines and fees would be imposed by the Court.

In this event, you must contact the Court Clerks office at 405-793-5040 and request to reschedule your court date.  This MUST be requested and approved prior to the scheduled court date.

If you know there is a warrant for your arrest, the best thing to do is simply turn yourself in to the Police Department. In many cases warrants can be served, new court dates set, and you be allowed to return home pending the court date. In other cases you may be processed into jail, receive an initial appearance before a judge, a bond will be set, a court date established, and if you meet the bond you will be released pending your court date.

Cleveland County District Court is located at 200 S. Peters Avenue, Norman-OK  73069.  Please make sure you are in the proper courtroom when you appear.  Do not hesitate to ask court personnel if you are in the right location.

If you desire to withdraw a complaint wherein you are the complainant/victim, you may speak with a detective concerning the matter.  However, the State may choose to prosecute the case at the prosecutor's discretion.

The Cleveland County Victim Witness/Restitution Center provide comprehensive services to all victims of crime ( ).  For information &/or services on your case please call 405-321-8268.

Incident reports that are not part of ongoing investigations are available for public inspection.  Certain information protected by privacy laws will be redacted prior to review/release.  Please contact Moore Police Records Division at 405-793-5134 for copies of accident &/or incident reports that are open to the public.

If you would like to commend an Officer or Employee for her/his job performance, please write to the Chief of Police, 117 E. Main Street-Moore, OK  73160. 

The Moore Police Department strives to provide courteous service. However, from time to time it is inevitable that complaints and misunderstandings arise. If you have a complaint, we urge you to speak with an on duty supervisor regarding your situation. If the complaint cannot be resolved at this level, you may request and complete a formal complaint form. This form may be obtained in person or below.

After completing the document, please return it to any management staff of the Moore Police Department for a proper investigation into the allegations.  

The Moore Police Department has many programs that involve the partnership of the police department and the community to create a city desirable to live in.  For information on how you can make a difference in Moore, please contact the Community Service Unit at [email protected] .