The Moore Police Department is seeking applicants to fill multiple Police Officer positions. Certified Peace Officers who would like to apply for a position are invited to the Physical Agility testing and Written Examination to be conducted on the following dates at the Central Park of Moore located at 700 S. Broadway Avenue, Moore, OK 73160:
- Saturday, October 24th, 2020 at 9:00 AM
The Moore Police Department is here to walk alongside residents to create a city desirable to live in. Forging strong partnerships, we will find answers and apply solutions to problems. Compassionately serving and seeking the best outcomes with the community. Fighting crime, Passionately Protecting the community, and humbly putting Service Before Self.
Together we are MOORE STRONG. We aspire to enhance the community by positively impacting the lives of individuals.
The Moore Police Department is staffed by 92 commissioned officers and 12 civilian employees.
The starting base salary for a non-certified applicant is $48,405. The starting base salary for a certified police officer is $59,097 to $60,425 depending on qualifications. In addition to the base pay, officers receive a substantial benefits package ranging from $12,101 to $15,106 depending on qualifications. The benefits include additional pay for college degrees and fluency in a foreign language and sign language. Other benefits include college tuition reimbursement, a take-home patrol car for officers residing in the city limits or within a 2-mile radius of the City of Moore, longevity pay, uniform cleaning allowance, and much more.
Applicants need to download an application packet from the Moore Police Department website (Click Here) and bring the completed application packet to the testing. Applicants must also bring a photo ID for Physical Testing.
The physical test will consist of:
• 1.5 mile run in under 15 min 20 sec;
• 300 meter sprint in under 68 seconds;
• 18 pushups in 60 seconds;
• 27 sit-ups in 60 seconds.
Upon successful completion of the Physical test, applicants will progress to the Written Examination. Written Examinations will be held after the physical testing on each date. Bring a photo ID and $15 dollars to the Written Examination.
Prerequisites and Automatic Disqualifiers
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must have the ability to obtain Oklahoma DL.
- Possess a High School Diploma or obtained a GED. If GED, must also have 30 semester hours from an accredited college or university.
- No felony convictions.
- Cannot be under indictment, have charges pending in any court, or under investigation by an LE agency for an offense that would disqualify the applicant.
- No convictions for Domestic Violence.
- If discharged from the military, DD214 must not list discharge as other than honorable, dishonorable, or if a commissioned officer a dismissal notice.
- Cannot be on probation, parole, or deferred sentence.
- No past use of LSD, PCP, MDMA, mescaline, or psilocybin.
- No distribution or manufacturing of illegal drugs or solicitation for sale.
- No use of a substance to alter mental or physical condition within the past 3 years, including marijuana use, unless used in accordance with a physician’s instructions.
- The continued use of marijuana by a medical marijuana license holder is prohibited upon employment.
- No multiple convictions for DUI, DWI, or DUID.
- No charges for DUI, DWI, or DUID within the past 3 years.
- No convictions for reckless driving, attempting to elude, racing, or leaving the scene of an accident within the last 3 years.
- Applicants who have completed CLEET Basic Academy while employed by another Law Enforcement Agency must be beyond one year from Academy graduation.
- No termination from another Law Enforcement Agency or resignations while under investigation.
- Visible tattoos are permitted as long as they can be covered by a regulation Moore Police Department uniform shirt. Tattoos on the hand or wrist must be able to be covered by a wedding band, or wristwatch. No facial or neck tattoos are allowed.
If you have any questions please send us an email at [email protected].