Observe, Learn and Protect
The Cadet Academy gives aspiring high school students who are interested in a career in law enforcement the opportunity to join the Moore Police Department for a month-long adventurous learning experience.
The Academy provides fun, team building challenges, a field trip, and quality time with real-world law enforcement officers. By joining the Cadet Academy, selectees have the opportunity to become experts on what it means to “OBSERVE, LEARN, AND PROTECT!”
The Cadet Academy is for high school students entering their junior year up through seniors that have just graduated.
Up to twenty (20) participants will be selected based on their letters of reference. Students must have at least a "C" grade point average to be considered. Preference will be given to students who reside within the city limits of Moore, followed by those residing within the Moore Public Schools geographic boundary. Any school student (home, public, virtual, private) is eligible to apply.
When: Tuesdays & Thursdays, June 1–29, 2023
Hours: 1-4:30 p.m.
Location: Moore Police Department, 117 E. Main Street, Moore, OK 73160
Application deadline: May 15, 2023 @ 5 p.m.
- Applicant must be entering high school as a Junior or Senior or be a Senior that has just graduated.
- Applicant must submit two reference letters with their application as well as proof of their grade point average. Note: Be sure to have your reference letters ready to upload before starting the online application.
- Background check: No person with a misdemeanor or higher conviction, including a Family Violence conviction, shall be allowed to attend the class.
- Applicants will be automatically disqualified if you have any outstanding warrants or pending court dates in either Municipal, State, or Federal courts. You will not be allowed to attend the Cadet Academy until such warrants are cleared and all cases are adjudicated.
- Once selected, students will be expected to follow a dress code.
- Students must be able to provide your own transportation to and from the academy.
- Students must be in class in time for roll call to be taken at 1:05 p.m. or you will be counted absent. Students who miss more than one (1) class will automatically be dropped from the Cadet Academy.
Prospective participants, along with a parent/guardian, should complete the application below: