Small Retailer Relief Grant
Criteria for Application
• Opened before March 1, 2020 and currently in business.
• Considered a retailer (collects and remits sales tax through the Oklahoma Tax Commission) and does include restaurants. At least 50% of total sales must be subject to sales tax.
• Is a public-facing storefront in the city limits of Moore; home-based businesses are ineligible.
• Compliant with all local, state and federal laws, permits and licenses. Grant proceeds may be used to bring the organization into local compliance before the balance is released.
• Corporately owned stores are ineligible. Franchised operations will be considered if there is local ownership which is defined as residing within the OKC MSA.
• Remitted under $22,500 in City of Moore sales tax for May, June and July 2020 combined (reflects sales from March 15-June 15, 2020). City will verify this based on our records.
• In good standing with the Oklahoma Secretary of State’s Office Oklahoma Secretary of State (does not apply to Sole Proprietorship)
• No outstanding business-related liens, judgements, tax-liens, pending bankruptcy proceeding prior to March 1, 2020.
• Business may not be owned by any City of Moore employee and/or Board, Commission or Council Member.
• The total amount allocated for this program is $150K with no grant exceeding $5,000.
• Application submittal does not guarantee a grant will be awarded.
• Must provide evidence of need such as loss of revenue, cost of providing safety features, etc.
To apply for assistance, please remit your completed application and supporting documentation before 5:00 PM local time, Friday, February 26, 2021.
Please feel free to contact Deidre Ebrey at (405) 793-5224 or [email protected] with questions.