Moore Police Now Hiring
The Moore Police Department is looking for individuals interested in law enforcement careers.
The Department will host physical and written testing on April 16th 2014 at 5:00 PM at the Moore High School football field house (east end of football stadium, which is just east of the intersection at Main & Eastern). Candidates are asked to bring a photo ID and $15 (fee for written exam), It is not necessary to call or register ahead of time - all you need to do is be at the high school on that date at that time.
Starting salary: $42,493 increasing to $51,878 after 12 months probation (with annual step increases and longevity, the current pay scale extends to over $80,000 and over $100,000 with promotions).
- Additional pay incentives for college degrees and bilingual proficiency, along with longevity pay which increases annually with tenure.
- Excellent insurance program, paid vacations, and much more.
- Officers who wish to continue their education are eligible for college tuition reimbursement.
- Officers who reside in the city limits are eligible for a take-home patrol car that may be driven while off-duty.
- Visible tattoos are no longer an immediate disqualification for Police Officer applicants.
- Criminal Investigation Division
- Crisis Intervention Team
- Emergency Response Team
- K-9 Unit
- Motorcycle Unit
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Unit
- School Resource Officer
Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Accountability, and Service are our values. We use these to create a safe community by protecting life, preserving liberty, and keeping the peace.
Candidates should be prepared to complete the following physical tests.
1.5 mile run in 15:20
18 pushups in 1 minute
27 sit ups in 1 minute
300 meter sprint in 1:08