City Hall

Moore City Hall originated in the 1940’s at 117 E. Main Street. A long narrow red brick building with a one-bay garage that housed one fire truck. City Hall itself was two rooms, about the size of a garage.

Sometime between 1965 and 1970, an addition was built on the east side of the existing City Hall. This addition had a place for council meetings and more citizens began to attend. Within two years, the original building was razed and a two-story fire and police office building was added. In addition, a formal council chamber/court room was built on the second floor.

About 1972 or 1973, a metal addition that was the east wing of that structure was built. After a few years, once again the City Hall building needed to expand. In 1983 the property at 301 N. Broadway was bought and our current City Hall was designed. In March of 1986, Moore City Hall moved into the new building at 301 N. Broadway.