You may qualify for up to $40,000 toward a down payment and closing costs.
What is it?
For many people, down payment and closing cost assistance can be the difference between homeownership dreams and reality. The Down Payment Assistance Program provides federal assistance for qualifying low-to moderate-income homebuyers to purchase a house located in one of the 2013 disaster-impacted neighborhoods within the City of Moore.
How do I qualify?
All applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Applicant must not exceed program’s income guidelines for their family size.
- Must have ability to get a 1st Mortgage through a bank or mortgage company.
- Home must be used as applicant’s primary residence for a five-year period following the purchase of the home.
- Applicant must attend a certified Homebuyer Education Workshop prior to closing.
- Homebuyer must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident.
Funds will be dispersed on a first-come first-served basis, with those directly impacted by the 2013 severe weather outbreaks receiving preference.