2018 Bond Projects
On June 26th voters in Moore approved two propositions totaling $46.2 million. The approved propositions will fund an underpass at 4th Street & the RR tracks, street projects on 12th Street, Eastern Avenue, and 34th Street, and major improvements to a drainage channel between 12th Street & 4th Street. Detailed information is below.
Purpose: 4th Street railroad underpass and street improvements
Proposition 1 will fund the construction of a railroad underpass at SE 4th Street, as well as four street projects. The estimated cost of the underpass is $27,860,000. An additional $15,190,033 will be set aside for the other street projects and infrastructure repairs.
Projects funded by Proposition 1 include:
• Railroad underpass at SE 4th Street.
• Resurfacing the street, landscaping, and adding sidewalks on NE 12th Street between I-35 and Eastern.
• Resurfacing the street, landscaping, and adding sidewalks on Eastern Avenue between NE 12th Street and SE 4th Street. (Phase 1)
• Resurfacing the street, landscaping, and adding sidewalks on Eastern Avenue between SE 4th Street and SE 19th Street. (Phase 2)
• Resurfacing the street, landscaping, adding sidewalks, and creating two additional traffic lanes on SW 34th Street between Telephone Road and Santa Fe.
Purpose: Improvement of drainage channels
Proposition 2 will allow for the repair and improvement of 50-year-old drainage channels between NW 12th Street and SW 4th Street. The project should prevent further erosion, damage to property, and address future flooding concerns near the drainage channels.
Projects funded by Proposition 2 include:
• Drainage channel improvements from NW 12th Street to NW 5th Street (Phase 1)
• Drainage channel improvements from NW 5th Street to SW 4th Street (Phase 2)
Where can I get more information?
If you have a question about one of the propositions, please call (405) 793-5200 or email your question to .