The City of Moore was first certified as a StormReady community in 2001, when we were in the first group of cities certified within the NWS-Norman service area. This 2012 renewal marks our third full certification review.
StormReady certification is based upon multiple criteria, including:
* Establishment of a 24-hour warning point and emergency operations center;
* Having multiple methods to receive severe weather warnings and forecasts and to alert the public;
* Creation of a system that monitors weather conditions locally;
* Promoting the importance of public readiness through community seminars;
* Development a formal hazardous weather plan, which includes training severe weather spotters and holding emergency exercises.
Feels like: 51°
Join us for the Grand Opening of the recently expanded Brand Senior Center.Read More »
The first Earth Day was held in 1970. Over 40 years later, this little holiday gets some big attention, and it’s mission still holds true- to encourage action for a healthy environment! Help the City of Moore celebrate Earth Day on Saturday, May 3rd by taking advantage of some great recycling opportunities and paper shredding.
Moore Recycle Center, 400 N Telephone Rd