The City of Moore was first certified as a StormReady community in 2001, when we were in the first group of cities certified within the NWS-Norman service area. This 2012 renewal marks our third full certification review.
StormReady certification is based upon multiple criteria, including:
* Establishment of a 24-hour warning point and emergency operations center;
* Having multiple methods to receive severe weather warnings and forecasts and to alert the public;
* Creation of a system that monitors weather conditions locally;
* Promoting the importance of public readiness through community seminars;
* Development a formal hazardous weather plan, which includes training severe weather spotters and holding emergency exercises.
Feels like: 6°
Due to the impending winter weather event predicted for Thursday and Friday, Christmas in Old Town has been canceled. The event was scheduled for December 6th from 5-8:30pm.Read More »
The gift collection party scheduled for this Friday has been canceled due to the high risk of winter weather.Read More »