The City of Moore operates a fully automated residential sanitation service.
Current cost of residential sanitation service is $9.50 per month; additional carts may be acquired from the City at a cost of $4.75 per cart per month. For example, two carts would cost you $14.25 per month.
Sanitation service may be established by visiting the Customer Service representatives at City Hall. Billing and service questions may also be answered there, by calling (405) 793-5032, or via email. Residential trash will not be picked up on the following holidays: New Years Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. Trash collection days that fall on these holidays will be collected on the Wednesday of that week. If you have additional questions about your trash service, please call the Moore Public Works Department at (405) 793-5070.
Rules regarding residential service
- The polycarts have a 200 lb. weight limit, and must not be overfilled. The lid on the cart must remain closed.
- Carts must be placed at the curb before 7am on your pickup day; and removed from the curb by midnight.
- When placing the cart at the curb, please allow three feet of free space around the cart and do not place it under any overhead obstructions. The cart should have the metal bar facing the street. There should be no vehicles or other obstructions between the cart and the street.
- Household trash is required to be placed in the polycart. Yard waste and grass clippings are the only items permitted to be placed in bags outside of the polycart.
- Grass clipping/yard waste bags have a 40 lb. weight limit. Five bags in addition to the polycart will be serviced each week at no additional charge. Each additional bag will be serviced at a rate of .50 cents per bag.
- Tree limbs must be cut into lengths no longer than 2 feet, and tied into a bundle not more than 2 feet in diameter.
Certain items may not be placed into the carts. These include:
- Hazardous chemicals or petroleum products;
- Containers containing hazardous chemicals or petroleum products;
- Hot ashes.
The polycarts are serviced by fully automated trucks that pick up the cart, empty it into the truck's bin, and replace it at the curb without any physical intervention by the truck operator. This system allows the City to service a larger amount of residences per day than possible with a manual or semi-automatic system, and with far less physical effort by the drivers (resulting in fewer injuries and illness). Bagged items are picked up by another truck on the scheduled pickup day.The City also offers removal service for large items to our residential customers.. Have questions? Contact Customer Service at City Hall, (405) 793-5032.