Moore City Hall originated in the 1940’s at 117 E. Main Street. A long narrow red brick building with a one-bay garage that housed one fire truck. City Hall itself was two rooms, about the size of a garage.
Sometime between 1965 and 1970, an addition was built on the east side of the existing City Hall. This addition had a place for council meetings and more citizens began to attend. In a year or two, the original building was razed and a two-story fire and police office building was added. A formal council chamber/court room was built on the second floor.
About 1972 or 1973, a metal addition that is now the east wing of that structure was built. After a few years, once again the city hall building was not big enough. In 1983 the property at 301 N. Broadway was bought and a city hall was designed. In March of 1986, Moore City Hall was moved into the new building at 301 N. Broadway.